Alison Purkiss is a phlebotomist with over 15 years’ experience. She has worked across the breadth of the NHS and with dozens of GPs. After working in the industry for a while she noticed that something was missing in the world of phlebotomy training, and so in 2007 went on to create Phlebotomy Training Services.
From the get go we wanted Phlebotomy Training Services to be different. Therefore we only bring on trainers that are also qualified educators. And, we limit our class sizes to 6 students per trainer. Using both these methods we can ensure that you are getting the attention you need to pass the course.
We offer various courses in York, and can tailor the course to suit your needs. We have provided training for people from multiple backgrounds in the past, from sports scientists, to medical researches to healthcare professionals.
In the UK there are two main ways of taking blood, these are the S-Monovette System and the Evacuated System. At the class in York will teach you both. We also know that each students needs are different, therefore we can offer:
- In-house training or training at one of our established training venues across the UK
- One-off training courses, or bespoke training schemes to meet the ongoing needs of your organisation
- Training tailored to complement the existing skill level of your team
- Refresher training and mentoring to ensure continued staff development
- Recognised certification to prove the skills of your staff
The certification you will receive at the end of the course is a recognised qualification. All our courses are accredited by ONE Awards, and are recognised across the healthcare sector.