Phlebotomy Training Services have been providing phlebotomy training in Southampton since we were founded in 2007. We were founded by Alison Purkiss, a phlebotomist with over 15 years’ experience. She has worked across most the NHS and with dozens of GP surgeries
We believe there is one thing in particular that sets us apart from other training providers. And that is our trainers are not only qualified phlebotomists, but also trained educators. This means our teaching methods are unparalleled. We are also strict on our class sizes. We do not have more than 6 students per teacher, and never more than 12 per class. This allows us to give each student the attention they need.
Due to our experience working with students from all kinds of backgrounds we can tailor our courses in Southampton to suit your specific needs. In the past we have worked with medical students, health care professionals, health care professionals from overseas, sports scientists and medical researchers.
In the UK there are currently two ways of taking blood. These are the Evacuated system, and the S-Monovette system. In your class you will be given the chance to learn both, using as much equipment as you need to. At Phlebotomy Training Systems we offer:
- In-house training or training at one of our established training venues across the UK
- One-off training courses, or bespoke training schemes to meet the ongoing needs of your organisation
- Training tailored to complement the existing skill level of your team
- Refresher training and mentoring to ensure continued staff development
- Recognised certification to prove the skills of your staff
At the end of your training, if you pass, you will be awarded a certification which is recognised widely throughout the healthcare sector. This is because our courses are all accredited by ONE Awards.