Phlebotomy Train Services, one of the leading providers of phlebotomy training in the UK, were founded in 2007 by Alison Purkiss. Alison, the driving force behind PTS from day one, has over 15 years’ experience working as a phlebotomists and her knowledge is unmatched. She has worked with innumerable GPs and across the entire NHS.
From day one the team have worked hard to ensure that PTS gives more than any other provider. One of the ways we do this in by ensuring that all our training providers are not just accredited phlebotomists, but also qualified educators. We also limit the size of our classed to 6 students per teacher, so you can get the attention you need.
We offer a numerous phlebotomy courses in Oxford, to people from a huge variety of backgrounds. In the past we have provided training for healthcare professionals from both the UK and overseas, sports scientists, researchers and medical students.
We teach both the leading methods of blood extraction used in the UK. These are the S-Monovette System and the Evacuated System. At the courses in oxford we will teach you both methods. We can also tailor our courses to suit your individual needs. At PTS we offer:
- In-house training or training at one of our established training venues across the UK
- One-off training courses, or bespoke training schemes to meet the ongoing needs of your organisation
- Training tailored to complement the existing skill level of your team
- Refresher training and mentoring to ensure continued staff development
- Recognised certification to prove the skills of your staff
All our courses are accredited by ONE Awards. This means that the qualification you receive at the end of the course will be recognised across the spectrum of the health care sector.