Phlebotomy Training Services are one of the leading providers of phlebotomy training in Edinburgh, and UK. Alison Purkiss, a phlebotomist with over 15 years’ experience, set up Phlebotomy Training Services in 2007. There are few phlebotomists more experienced than Alison, who has worked in hospitals and GP practices across the breadth of the NHS.
The main reason why we have grown to be one of the leading providers of phlebotomy training is the quality of our training. Unlike other providers, all our trainers are fully qualified educators. We also limit our class sizes to just 6 people per trainers, with never more than 12 in a class in total. This means you will get the attention you need to be able to become a qualified phlebotomist.
In our Edinburgh classes we have provided training to sports scientists, medical professionals from the UK and overseas, medical students and medical researchers. Because of this we can tailor all our courses to suit the needs of the students. We offer:
- In-house training or training at one of our established training venues across the UK
- One-off training courses, or bespoke training schemes to meet the ongoing needs of your organisation
- Training tailored to complement the existing skill level of your team
- Refresher training and mentoring to ensure continued staff development
- Recognised certification to prove the skills of your staff
In the UK there are currently two main ways used to extract blood, these are the Evacuated System and the S-Monovette System. At the class in Edinburgh you will be given the chance to learn both, with access to unlimited equipment.
Importantly, the certification you receive at the end of the course is recognised widely across the health sector. This is because all our courses are accredited by ONE awards.