Founded in 2007 by Alison Purkiss, a phlebotomist of 15 years, Phlebotomy Training Services are one of the leading providers of phlebotomy training within Bristol. In those 15 years Alison has worked in hospitals and GP practices across the breadth of the NHS. It is for this reason that you would be hard pushed to find a more experienced phlebotomist.
It is not just experience in the practice of phlebotomy that sets Phlebotomy Training Services apart, though, but the additional fact that all of our trainers are fully qualified educators. All the knowledge in the world is useless if it can’t be passed on clearly and coherently. To aid this, we limit our class sizes to six people per trainer, which means everyone gets the time and attention they need.
At Phlebotomy training services we offer a variety of courses in the Bristol area that are designed to meet the specific needs of any learner. We are also able to tailor our courses to suit health care professionals, medical students, medical researchers, sports scientists and health care professionals not from the UK.
There are two ways in which blood is extracted in the UK: the Evacuated System and the S-Monovette system. At our training courses in Bristol we will teach you and give the chance to practice both. However, the courses we offer can be tailored to suit your specific needs. We offer:
- In-house training or training at one of our established training venues across the UK, including in Bristol
- One-off training courses, or bespoke training schemes to meet the ongoing needs of your organisation
- Training tailored to complement the existing skill level of your team
- Refresher training and mentoring to ensure continued staff development
- Recognised certification to prove the skills of your staff
The certification you will receive at the end of the course is a recognised qualification. All our courses are accredited by ONE Awards, and are recognised across the healthcare sector.