Alison Purkiss has 15 years’ experience working as a phlebotomist and has worked across the entire breadth of the NHS, along with countless GP surgeries, founded Phlebotomy Training Services in 2007. We have since gone on to become one of the leading phlebotomy training providers in the UK.
The main thing that sets us apart from other phlebotomy training services is the quality of our training. Unlike most other training providers, all our trainers are not only phlebotomists, but trained educators. We also limit our class sizes in Belfast to 12, and have no more than 6 people per trainer. This means that you will also get the attention and care that you need.
We offer a variety of courses that can be tailored to fit the needs of any student. In the past we have given training to health care professionals, medical researchers, medical professionals from overseas, sports scientists and many more.
In the UK there are two ways in which blood is extracted. They are the Evacuated System and the S-Monovette System. At your phlebotomy training class in Belfast you will be given the chance to learn both. We can also tailor our services to suit your exact needs. At Phlebotomy Training Services we offer:
- In-house training or training at one of our established training venues across the UK
- One-off training courses, or bespoke training schemes to meet the ongoing needs of your organisation
- Training tailored to complement the existing skill level of your team
- Refresher training and mentoring to ensure continued staff development
- Recognised certification to prove the skills of your staff
Importantly, the certification you receive at the completion of your training, providing you pass the course, will be recognised throughout the health sector. This is because all our courses are accredited by ONE training.